Do you feel so now?

Sometimes I imagine what Mary Magdalene felt like when she gazed at her Master's empty tomb. The loneliness. I also imagine Jesus Christ's appearance there, just waiting for her to realize He had risen. I imagine the moment she realized that He had risen from the dead... .. .


Moments I realized that He has risen:

* During my baptismal interview. I saw a picture of my Savior and knew that I had faith in him.


* During sophomore seminary class with Brother Baker;  there was a painting of Jesus Christ as he prayed in Gethsemane and I felt His love for me. 


* What I felt when I stood up to bear my testimony about living prophets when President Gordon B Hinckley passed away.  






* When I was sad and knelt to pray in my old room at my dad's house. I read a scripture and felt peace. I don't remember what it said...


* When I learned how much Joseph Smith loved his brother Hyrum and I compared that love to that between my sister Irina and I. It made him real. A real prophet, a real brother. 


* What I felt while praising Him with hymns in choir con La Región Hispana.  






 * Institute class con el Hermano Jose Alvaro Mora.  


 * When I was guided by a stranger to the Hong Kong Temple after being lost on the train for a long time. I knew He was watching out for me.  



* When I gave my tithing to my Bishop after exchanging the Chinese yuan I had saved in a wad in a sock in my closet for a year. 


* During my second lesson in Japan with a Chinese woman and I was given the chance to feel the love Christ has for others. 


* During interviews with President
Wada.  


* Riding my bike down the hills of Yamato. Seeing the sunset and knowing that Heavenly Father Loves His sister missionaries. 


* Praying and asking for another confirmation that The Book of Mormon was true. Finishing the book while sitting on a trampoline and feeling a The Spirit's testimony of it being the word of God. 

* When I was hit by a car driven by a less active catholic while crossing an intersection on my turquoise mamachadi. I knew I was loved because of all of the miracles that followed. 

 


* Coming home to a family that loves and cherishes me,again and again and again. 

* Being given the peace that came when I truly forgave my attacker.  

* Recognizing that God had protected me during my years of abuse.  

* My siblings helping me crawl out of my dark piece of hell into a home where love abides.  

* Listening to Harry Bonner's testimony during weekly practice with the Debra Bonner Unity Gospel Choir.  

*Meeting the sweetest soul that has helped me re-learn love.  



*Being forgiven of my sins, even the same sin, again and again.  
 
He has risen. I can see it. I can feel it. He lives. I know it. I learn it. I live it. My life is a testimony of His love. I am not a perfect example of Jesus Christ, no. My life is the perfect example of His love for me.  


And he loves you too.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The trial of my faith

My Baby is Dead.

Motherhood for a childless divorcee