Anything

 Who am I, but one human who exists on a planet surrounded by heartbreak, war and pain. I wonder, who am I but a fragile green blowing in the wind, willing itself not to crack, hoping its roots hold for just a moment longer. 

When I was younger, I would lose myself in an un-reality that spiraled until all sense of self was gone. Who am I? What am I? What is an "I". What is a being? Is being me real? What is reality? Time, space, imagination. Is anything physical? Is anything something? 

I would question until my sense of self dissipated to nothing. 

I am still struggling to figure out, at 32, who I am to be when I grow up. Nothing is as I planned as a teen. Nothing exists in the same way. Colonization and its global horrors have built a society that pushes normal humans down and keeps the rich in power. 

As we know, I did everything I was meant to do. I did well in school, put myself through college while working, served a Christian mission, graduated, worked. I was an uncomplaining drone and the Empire had complete control. Now, with school debt and burn-out, I wonder what I could have done to escape the monotony.

There is nothing more I want than to add to this world, to help people. To pull away from what we have come to accept in society and government, to re-indigenousize lives so we can live in peace instead of living just to work. 

I am starting a journey. I am going to try to write stories. I am going to try to create art.  I am going to try to be the calming anchor my childhood self was searching for.  Join me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The trial of my faith

My Baby is Dead.

Motherhood for a childless divorcee