When I found out that one of my siblings removed their name from church records I had already started working in the Headquarters of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and was shocked. I didn't understand then as to why they did it. But I think I get it now. I'm understanding how much pain and suffering a single institution can hurt a human being. So many topics that are hurtful to those it affects... be it racism, sexual orientation, history, polygamy, colorism, gender roles and soooo many other questions unanswered and so much unapologetic pain. Yes, I have been struggling with my own trial of faith. After months of dealing with the confusion I felt as I contemplated on one of The Church's teachings that had been hurting me for almost a year, I had a meltdown. Maybe you've been a witness to one of my meltdowns, they’re all tears and not a lot of words. AJ asked me in his deep, comforting, but currently confused voice, "Are you having doubts abou...
Comments
Post a Comment